My exhibition narrative is going to be based on the Virgin Galactic trip into space and the experience of seeing Planet Earth from a completely new surrounding. The exhibition will simulate take off, the journey into space as well as the breath taking view once orbiting the Earth.
The Journey – breakdown
- Putting the astronaut suit on
- Getting into your seat and fastening your seatbelt
- The countdown and build up of anticipation
- The loudness of the rocket engine and vibrating momentum
- Overwhelming acceleration and force, which leaves you breathless
- Travelling through space at 2500mph, over 3 times the speed of sound.
- Switching off the rocket motor and there is nothing but the silence of space.
- The view of outer space and Earth
Narrative of the Journey
Experience the journey of a lifetime with a thrilling 50,000 ft. climb into pure oblivion. The excitement begins with putting on the astronaut suit and getting buckled up into your seat. The countdown starts and there is a moment of anticipation before a wave of unimaginable power surges through you pinning you back to your seat. The overwhelming acceleration and force leaves you momentarily breathless as you hurtle through the air travelling at almost 2500mph, over 3 times the speed of sound. The roar of the rocket is unimaginably loud but once it switches off there is nothing but the surreal silence of space. Looking out the window is view that you’ve seen in countless images but the reality is so much more beautiful. It is Earth.
Inside the Craft
The craft can take up to 6 passengers and 2 pilots.